Frugal Five: #32

The Frugal Five: #32


With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up,

it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with

our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate our daily

or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


Last week was a little hard to get anything accomplished, so I needed

to give myself grace.   Although I did try to be as frugal as possible, I

also needed to keep my life together.    


1- Cooked at Home ALL Week

Wow!   I did it!   I am super busy with working full time and my son’s 

activities and I still made dinner for the family each night.   I took a little

extra time this week to meal plan, meal prepped on Sunday and utilized

a little grace on Thursdays with sandwich night.  In addition, I planned

out next week’s meals for another easy week.     


2- Homemade Coffee Creamer 



A few weeks ago, I picked up 2 different flavors of coffee syrup,

but struggled with how to use it.   At first I just put it in my coffee, but the

flavor was too strong and I didn’t have a positive experience.    However,

this week, I decided to mix it with milk to create a coffee creamer.     After

a little experimentation, I came up with about 2 tablespoons per

creamer pitcher.            


3- Took Advantage of Grocery Sales

& stayed w/i $200

Meijer’s weekly sale included a buy 7 for $7.00.   This deal included so

many things we normally purchase and pay a lot more than $1.00.    I

decided to set aside $20.00 out of my budget and picked up that many

items for my pantry.       I love finding things at rock bottom prices.   


4- Homemade stock for Chicken

Noodle Soup


Small cans of chicken stock cost $1.00 each and larger containers cost

about $2.00.   Since I had roasted chicken on the menu last week, I took

the bones, a variety of vegetable ends (saved in the freezer), added water,

spices and cooked it in the crock pot all day to create bone broth. This

created 6 cups of broth from leftovers.    


5- Use Gas Hacks 

   


I combined using GasBuddy w/ my Kroger Points to save $0.60 per gallon.  

This resulted in a savings of $6.60 this week.    It is not a lot, but every little

bit helps, especially for essential purchases.   


Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 


Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg