Menu Planning #156

 

Our meals need to be nutritious, clean, flexible, quick and cost effective.

Between our work schedules and after school activities, we need to carefully

plan our meals so that we do not end up ordering out.  We try hard to keep our

total food and household products to under $100.00 per week.  


Goal: $500.00 

What did we spend? 


Week 1- $127.50

Kroger: $44.77

Aldi: $82.73

Rebates

IBOTTA: 


Week 2- $53.15

Kroger: $19.82

Meijer: $33.33

Rebates: 

IBOTTA: 


Week 3-186.92

Kroger: $166.42

Meijer: $20.50

Rebates: 

IBOTTA:$4.70


Week 4- $12.78

Kroger: $12.78

CVS: 

Rebates: 

IBOTTA: $2.60


Week 5 (Goal- $100.00)

Kroger: 

CVS: 

Rebates:
IBOTTA: 


Total: $380.35

Rebate Total: $7.30

Final Total: $373.05


NOTE: Rebate total DOESN’T include Kroger Cash or Refunds because they

will come off of the Kroger Bill automatically the following week.   In addition, I

don’t count CVS as part of the grocery bill because I normally use gift cards and

ECB to get my items for free, so in the end the money is usually to my benefit.   


Grocery Shopping Tips:    Check your receipt!   Last week, I thought that I

spent a lot more than my original calculations, so I checked my receipt.   The

store’s computer system failed to operate properly and only a small portion of my

discounts were applied.    This week, when I asked about my receipt the store

immediately recognized the error and  provided me with a gift card for the

amount that should have been discounted last week.   As a result, I was able to

take advantage of a few sale items this week and even purchased a treat for my

son.     The best thing is that I ended up under budget for the month!    


Let’s take a look at what we ate this week. 



Breakfast Options: 


Yogurt

Cereal

Bagels


Monday

Leftover Soup

Sandwhiches


Tuesday

Tacos

Salad

Chips w/ Salsa

 

Wednesday

Mississippi Beef

Mashed Potatoes

Green Beans 


Thursday

Leftover Mississippi Beef

Leftover Vegetables


Friday


French Bread Pizza

Stuffed Mushrooms

Jalapeno Poppers

Salad


Saturday


Buffalo Chicken

Roasted Potatoes

Salad


Sunday

Pasta

Salad

Bread



This week’s rough plan: 


M- Dragon Noodles

T- Pizza

W- Pasta

TH- Turkey

F- Leftovers

Sat- Jambalaya 

Sun- Turkey Soup


* Indicate that the recipe is a new one for our family.    


What is your family having this week for dinner?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg