Skip to main content

Menu Planning #155

 


Our meals need to be nutritious, clean, flexible, quick and cost effective.

Between our work schedules and after school activities, we need to carefully

plan our meals so that we do not end up ordering out.  We try hard to keep our

total food and household products to under $100.00 per week.  


Goal: $400.00 

What did we spend? 


Week 1- $127.50

Kroger: $44.77

Aldi: $82.73

Rebates

IBOTTA: 


Week 2- $53.15

Kroger: $19.82

Meijer: $33.33

Rebates: 

IBOTTA: 


Week 3-186.92

Kroger: $166.42

Meijer: $20.50

Rebates: 

IBOTTA:$4.70


Week 4- (Goal - $32.43)

Kroger: 

CVS: 

Rebates: 

IBOTTA: 


Total: $367.57

Rebate Total: $4.70

Final Total:


NOTE: Rebate total DOESN’T include Kroger Cash or Refunds because they

will come off of the Kroger Bill automatically the following week.   In addition, I

don’t count CVS as part of the grocery bill because I normally use gift cards and

ECB to get my items for free, so in the end the money is usually to my benefit.   


Grocery Shopping Tips:    This week was an incredible Thanksgiving sale on

canned vegetables, broth, hot chocolate, cereal, etc.     Kroger also ran a special

that when you purchased $125.00 worth of groceries, you got a turkey for free.  

  I took advantage of the rock bottom prices and picked up my Thanksgiving

Turkey for FREE!  Now this will leave next week’s budget a little slim, but our

pantry is full, so I am not worried. 


In addition, I saved a little bit from my budget last week because they were out of

tissues and wanted to take advantage of the Meijer’s 10/10 get 1 free sale which

was continued this week.   This week they had some, so I picked up a bunch.  

Yippie!  


Let’s take a look at what we ate this week. 



Breakfast Options: 


Yogurt

Cereal

Bagels


Monday

Kielbasa

Peppers and Onions

Roasted Potatoes


Tuesday

Tacos

Salad

Chips w/ Salsa

 

Wednesday


Jambalaya

Salad


Thursday

Jambalaya

Salad



Friday


Pizza

Stuffed Mushrooms

Jalapeno Poppers

Salad


Saturday


Smoked Pork Loin

Cole Slaw

Roasted Potatoes

Green Beans 


Sunday

Broccoli Soup

Choice of Salad



This week’s rough plan: 


M- Soup and Sandwiches

T- Enchilada Casserole *

W- Mississippi Roast 

TH- Leftover Night w/ Salad

F- Pizza

Sat- Hamburgers

Sun- Pasta


* Indicate that the recipe is a new one for our family.    


What is your family having this week for dinner?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...