Skip to main content

Menu Plan #336

 

Menu Plan #336

NOTE- 

1- Click on the picture and get a link to a post sharing the recipe. 

2- Although all prices were correct at the time of the blog postings, the current cost of these dishes may be higher due to inflation and/or location.     


Published January 2026:  USDA Thrifty Food Plan

According to this plan, our family’s weekly budget is $191.10.  Since April  has 4 Sundays, our monthly budget is $764.40.   I will be tracking my weekly spending to see how close we are able to get to the thrifty budget.   Currently, I budget $200 per week.    


We elevate our dining experiences by including fresh fruits, vegetables, and higher-quality meats.  Since our family has specific dietary needs, we limit our consumption of highly processed food.  


Grocery Shopping Tip:    

  • Ask for a Rain Check: This weekend Meijer had a surplus of chicken and marked it down, but by the time I got there the shelves were completely cleared out. Thankfully, I just pulled up the deal on my app and requested a rain check for three family packs. Customer service issued it on the spot, and now I have until July to redeem it.


Budget Tracking: 

  • Week 1: Kroger: $58.99 + Costco $43.37 + Meijer $1.16 = $103.52

  • Week 2: Walmart: $3.50 + Meijer: $22.68 + Kroger: $52.99 = $79.17

Running Total: $182.69


Here is what we did this week to make our week easier: 

  • Clean the Refrigerator

  • Rotate your perishables 

  • Portion and Freeze reduced meat

  • Wash and Process Fruit and Vegetables

  • Slice Turkey for sandwiches

  • Make Yogurt

  • Bake Weekly Treat


Breakfast Options: 

Yogurt

Bagels

Avocado Toast


Lunch Options:

Left Overs

Sandwiches

Tacos


Monday

Sausage

Pepper

Onions

Tator Tots


Tuesday

Chicken Tacos

Salad


Wednesday

Grilled Chicken L/O

Salad


Thursday

Leftovers


Friday

Keilbasis

Pepper and onions

Tator Tots 


Saturday

Leftovers


Sunday

 

Stuffed Shells

Salad

Bread


M- Sausage & Peppers  

T-  Fajita 

W- Shrimp Pasta

TH-Grilled Chicken 

Fri-  Pizza

Sat- Greek Chicken

Sun- Bean and Cheese Enchiladas 


* Indicate that this recipe is new to our family.    

Flexible Meals indicate using up what is in our refrigerator and/or pantry. 


If you are interested in last week’s Plan,  the link is below. 


Menu Plan #335


What is your meal plan for this week?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...