The Frugal Five: #76

 The Frugal Five: #76


With inflation on the rise and salaries not increasing, our ability to make ends meet keeps going down.    Therefore, we must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


This week I am exploring how to keep costs down during busy weeks.    Keeping dinner on the table instead of eating out is one of my strategies to get the job done.    Here are some of my tips and trips.   


1- Crock Pot Cooking  

The crock pot is a great solution for getting dinner on the table each night.    In the morning, I spend a few minutes putting all the ingredients into the crock pot, set the cook cycle and dinner is ready when I get home.     


2- Sunday Prepping 

On Sunday, I prepare as much as I can for the week.    I do this by planning all of our meals and completing all of my baking, and pre-cutting of vegetables and fruit.   In addition, I pre-pack several days of lunches and prepare breakfast options for the week.   


3- Pre-Making Breakfast 

We keep breakfast simple in our house, so I make one baked item and we have the options of cereal and yogurt.   Some things that I make for breakfast include banana bread, muffins, scones, or egg mcmuffins.   

     

4- Sandwich Night

Each week we have sandwich night.   I typically pick the busiest night of the week.     Sandwich night is an easy, quick, and low-stress meal where each family member makes their sandwiches.     We pair this with pre-cut vegetables, dip, and salad.      


5- Left Over Night 

Leftovers are a gold mine in savings.    We use them for lunches, dinner night or just snacking.    By cooking once and eating twice we reduce the amount of money we spend.    Sometimes, we remake the protein into another dish and sometimes, we just reheat the leftovers for lunch the next day.    


What Free-bees have you been able to pick up this year?    My entire year is attached below.    


Here is my list: 

Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 



Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg