The Frugal Five: #58

The Frugal Five: #58




With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal

Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live

a frugal life.    


1- Budget Luxury 

I added a little luxury to my life this week.   Over the past year, I was able to pick

up a variety of different face masks and lotions for my stash for cheap or free.   I

made a point of selecting a hydrating mask this week and dedicated an hour to

enjoying the experience.     WOW!  What a difference a little self-care makes. 


2- Luxurious Home 


By keeping your home clean, neat, and uncluttered, your home will look

luxurious and always beautiful.   In addition, I change each room's accents

periodically throughout the year, I am able to keep my home looking fresh and

lovely.  My mother-in-law would do this every season so that she could update

her home and keep it for a while.     I am able to change my room's accents by

looking through what I already have and changing things.    

  

3- Water Upgrade

We all love going out to a restaurant, but with prices rising and our dollar not

going as far as it use to, we need to look for ways to get the same emotional

feeling at home.   One way is to upgrade our water.   Water is paired with citrus

in a multi-star restaurant or luxurious hotel to elevate its flavor.     I keep a dish of

cut-up lemons, limes, and sometimes oranges in my refrigerator to add to my

water each day.   

  

4- Restaurant Knockoffs 

I  enjoy various restaurant dishes and sometimes crave them.    Since prices are

going up in all restaurants and tipping makes the bill even higher, I have taken to

researching and making my favorite restaurant dishes at home.   A simple green

salad topped with calamari, beef, or chicken and then paired with a matching

dressing makes a delicious meal on a hot summer night. 


5- Simple Entertainment 

You do not need to spend a lot of money to enjoy local culture and add

experiences to your life.     During the summer months, there are a lot of free

concerts and movies in various parks.   We pack up our lawn chairs and have a

picnic and enjoy the various activities.   In addition, our library provides us with

free books, movies, puzzles, and games to enjoy.   Finally, we already have a

variety of games, puzzles, books, and crafts already at home.   


June and July 2023- Living Large in the Cheap Seats is out.   I am excited that

our Concerts in the Park series has started.   This area is rich in music.   


Check out all of the free or cheap things to do in the Cincinnati area or just for

ideas of where to look for free/cheap things in your area. 


Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 



Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg