Frugal Five: #57

 The Frugal Five: #57


With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


1- Side Hustle

This past year I picked up a tutoring student I work with twice a week.    Since I am using this student as my practicum student for my next level of Orton Gillingham certification, I have reduced his rate by $10.00 per session.   However, I still make enough to cover the cost of my practicum fees, and a little extra to invest in my future business.   I am grateful for all the support from my network that I have received over the years, including the entire Spire curriculum, professional development books, a set of drill cards, and training.    In addition, I have been able to add to my resources through garage sales and Teachers Pay Teachers Free Resources.    


2- Libray Love

My local library is a plethora of resources.   I am able to pick up books covering a variety of different interests.   There are movies, games and so much more to borrow.   In addition, they have a Maker’s space that only requires that you pay for the materials you use.   This saves a lot when making presents for others.    In the hallway, there is a puzzle exchange, a free book rack, and a community food/hygiene shelf for those who need it.    I like to donate to this shelf as I can pick up a lot of items for free.   

  

3- Power of Home Cooking

I noticed that we were eating out; thus hitting our budget hard.    It is time to take control of our spending.   I am committed to eating at home this week and have made plans to get through the busy days by using my crock pot, cooking once/eat-twice recipes, or pre-cooking dinners.      

  

4- Using my Insurance

I have insurance, but it seems like I never had the time to go to the doctor, dentist, etc.    I have made time to schedule checkups this summer and am making my health a priority.  The great thing is that most of my routine check-ups are free because of my insurance.   In addition, I have money taken out of my paycheck each month to cover my out-of-pocket expense.   


5- Exercising Opportunities  

You don’t need a gym to get healthy.     I like to explore my neighborhood or the areas that I am visiting by taking a walk.    It is a slow and steady way of taking in nature and noticing interesting art, architecture, birds, flowers, etc.      


June and July 2023- Living Large in the Cheap Seats is out.   I am excited that our Concerts in the Park series has started.   This area is rich in music.   


Check out all of the free or cheap things to do in the Cincinnati area or just for ideas of where to look for free/cheap things in your area. 

Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 



Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg