Frugal Five: #54

 The Frugal Five: #54

With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


1- Puzzle Exchange Table

Our local library has a puzzle exchange table.   This is where people bring a puzzle they already put together to share and pick out a puzzle to put together this summer.      


2- Summer Salads

School is out and the temperatures are up this week, so I broke out the summer salad list.    Each day I created a delicious salad for dinner instead of turning on the oven.     This saved gas and didn’t heat up our home.     

  

3- Gaining a Community Garden Plot 

This week a community garden plot became available.   The coordinator offered it to me, I viewed it and planted it with free plants this weekend.    Hopefully, this plot will produce a ton of food all summer. 


4- Openned up the Windows

This week our weather was dry and warm.    Instead of turning on the air conditioning, I opened up the windows and let the fresh air in.   My home stayed cool and the air freshened up the feel of our home.    


5- Take Advantage of your Insurance

This year I have not been great about scheduling medical checkups.  I have insurance, so this is not acceptable.   I took control this week and scheduled all of my medical appointments.   Yay for me taking care of myself. 

Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 





Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

The Humble Egg

Frugal Five: 33