Frugal Five: #53

 The Frugal Five: #53



With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


1- Brown Bag It 

Eating out is so expensive and when you order out at work there is an added charge because you do not have time to pick it up.    This charge can be as much as doubling your cost.     I packed my lunch daily and enjoyed a delicious gourmet lunch.   


2- Crockpot to the Rescue

This week is really busy so I am dusting off my crockpot, so that my dinners are finished when I get home.   This will help me to avoid takeout this week.  

  

3- Garden Planting

Several of my tomato plants didn’t make the transplant to my garden, so I reached out to my gardening group to see if anyone had extra plants for me to purchase.   My group came through again with a bunch of free plants.   Yippy!    


4- Church Luncheon  

This week is our church’s annual meeting and everyone is expected to bring a side dish.  I have chosen to bring a black bean and corn salad as my contribution.   This is always a hit and is a relatively cheap dish to prepare.  As a bonus, my recipe makes a lot of salad, so I ways have leftovers for lunch the following week. 


5- Grocery Shopping on Saturday

This week Kroger provided me with a coupon for $10.00 off of $75.00 if you shop Friday or Saturday.   Since I am always exhausted on Friday, I went shopping last Saturday.   I love saving a little money.    


Living Large In The Cheap Seats is a Monthly series where I explore the activities that are in my local area that are free to enjoy.    If you are interested, check out my latest post→  Click on the picture. 

Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 



Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Keeping Cool Without an AC- Part 5

The Humble Egg