Frugal Five: #51

 The Frugal Five: #51




With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    

.         


1- 2 Litters vs Cans


My department is responsible for the drink donations for the School Volunteer Luncheon.     The other week, 2 Litter bottles of Coke were on sale for much cheaper than I ever see the equivalent of cans of Coke.   I picked up 2 bottles for the luncheon and already turned them in.    


2- CVS Free-Bees


I was able to pick up 6 free items from CVS this week.   I haven’t found great sales here for a while, so I was quite excited.    My free items included 3 Cover Girl Mascaras, Revlon Illuminance Foundation, and 2 Dove Conditioners.   I am very excited about the Foundation because it retails for $18.49.  

  

3- Packed Lunch Every Day

Last week was a wonderful break from packing lunch every day, but this week I packed my lunch every day.    I made sure that my lunches were delicious, easy, and a special treat daily.     


4- Coffee on the Go

This week I made a to-go coffee daily to decrease my outside purchases.   This was extremely important on Wednesday when I traveled to my class out of town.    I elevated it by adding some cinnamon to the cup and it became an Italian Coffee→ yummy. 


5- Trimmed my Rose Bushes


I noticed that my rose bushes were growing from the ground up and the stems that I left last year when I trimmed them were not growing at all.   I did some more research and discovered that I did not trim them correctly last fall, so I trimmed them again and they look great.    A little research and work produced a lovely result.   I can’t wait to have some roses grace my home this year.    


Living Large In The Cheap Seats is a Monthly series where I explore the activities that are in my local area that are free to enjoy.    If you are interested, check out my latest post→  Click on the picture. 

Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 



Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg