Frugal Five: 33

 The Frugal Five: #33


With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate our daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


Last week was a little hard to get anything accomplished, so I needed to give myself grace.   Although I did try to be as frugal as possible, I also needed to keep my life together.    


1- Took advantage of Free-bees this week 


Wow!  I was able to pick up a 3 lb Butterball boneless breast meat turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Brown Gravy, Jiffy Corn Mix and Bob Evans Breakfast Sausage for FREE.    In addition, I was able to pick up free tissues from Meijers.        All in all, a pretty good week for freebies. 


2- Homemade Deli Lunchmeat


I was able to pick up a Large Thanksgiving Turkey for $0.45 lb. and I earned a free 3 lb Butterball boneless turkey breast from IBOTTA.  Last week we spent over $14.00 on deli turkey!  I was motivated to find and unpack my meat slicer.   Then I picked up and cooked a turkey breast.  Finally our family sliced the turkey into deli slices for the freezer.           


3- Picnic Dinner for Travel Swim Meet


Last weekend our family traveled to Kentucky for a swim meet.    Instead of buying fast food which is unhealthy and very expensive, I packed dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch for Sunday.      This increased my lunch meat grocery bill, but in the end our expense was much cheaper.      


4- Crock pot Dinner to the Rescue 



On Sunday, we were out all day, but still needed to put dinner on the table.   I popped in the ingredients for a Chicken and Dumpling meal in the morning before we left for the swim meet, placed the crock pot on low for 7 hours and then when we got home added the dumplings.     I added a salad and side vegetable and BOOM!  Dinner is ready.       


5- Use Gas Hacks 

   


We found that gas was over $0.10 per gallon cheaper in Kentucky, so since we needed to travel there for a swim meet, we took advantage of this price difference.   Small changes over time = large rewards.   

 


Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 


Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

The Humble Egg