Frugal 5- #19

 The Frugal Five

With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate our daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


1- Picking up Cheap or Free Deals 

CVS Thanksgiving July deals continue this week.     I was able to pick up several items from them for free this week.   In addition, I picked up a few items from Walmart using various rebate apps.   


Here is what I was able to pick up this week: 


  • Envy Apple- Shopkicks

  • Perfect Bar- IBOTTA

  • CVS Health Kids Floss Picks (75 ct)- CVS Coupon

  • CVS Acetaminophen (50 ct)- CVS Coupon 

  • 2 5x7 photos- Walgreens Code 

  • Aboard Cheddar Popcorn- CVS Coupon

  • Beauty 360 Nail Finishing Buffer- CVS Beauty Club

  • CVS Air Shield (10ct)- CVS Coupon

  • 3 Boxes Theater Candy- Sale B2  G1, Extra Care Bucks

  • 2 Gold Emblem Trail Mix (8 oz)- Coupon, Extra Care Bucks


2- Rice Krispy Treats 


This week I did a price comparison of premade Rice Krispy treats and homemade.   A box of Rice Krispy Treats (16 bars) will cost $4.19, but the ingredients breakdown includes Rice Krispies (12 oz) = $1.65 and Marshmallows ( oz) = $0.99.  This was a nice treat this week for the family. 


3- Baked Bread


As part of my meal preparation for the week, I took some time to bake bread from scratch.     This provided me with a delicious base for my Mediterranean Breakfasts.  

4- Regrew Groceries

Last week I picked up green onions and used them in various recipes.    I took the roots of the onions and started to regrow them in a cup of water.   I know that they do not cost a great deal, but every little saving help.   In addition, I started to regrow butter lettuce.   This is very much an experiment because I never regrow butter lettuce before.   We’ll see how it goes.   


5- Flexibility when Opportunity Knocks  


Sometimes you need to be flexible in order to enjoy an incredible event on a budget.    This week one of my husband’s colleagues offered us free tickets to a Jimmy Buffet concert.    We needed to move around several of our plans, but we were able to enjoy the concert with minimal cost.     It was an incredible experience for us and we are grateful for the gift. 


Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg