Skip to main content

Turkey Soup

 


Whenever I make a whole turkey or chicken, I turn the leftovers into second or third meals.   One way to do this is to make soup.   You can use not only the leftover carcass of the turkey/chicken to make stock but the leftover vegetables from previous meals in the soup.  


Ingredients

  • 1-2 Cups of Shredded  Turkey

  • 8 Cups of Turkey Stock

  • 1 Medium Onion- Chopped

  • 2-3 Stalks of Celery- Chopped

  • ½ Cup of Chopped Kale

  • ½ Tablespoon of Chopped Garlic 

  • Salt and Pepper to taste

  • 1-2 Cups of Noodles

  • Parmesan Cheese


NOTE- I make my own turkey stock from the bones and vegetable ends at the end of our large turkey meals.     The link is attached to the picture if you want to learn how. 

 


Directions 

  1. After preparing all of your ingredients, I layer them into my crockpot in the following manner: carrots, onion, celery, kale, garlic, turkey, and spices.  

     


  1. Finally, I add the stock to cover and stir slightly. 



  1. Set the Crockpot for 6-7 hours on Low.  


  1. Stir the soup and prepare the noodles separately.   I like to use egg noodles but if you don’t have any in the pantry, a box of elbow macaroni works well. 


  1. Add the noodles to the soup.      



  1. I like to serve this soup topped with parmesan cheese.     


What do you like to add to your Turkey Soup?   

Leave a picture and/or comment below. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...