Skip to main content

January-->Free-Bee 2025

 


January provided our family with 13 free items!  


This year I am focusing on seeking fewer free-bees, but looking for higher quality items I pick up.    However, I will pick up all the free bees my family will use within the year.  As a result, I may need to pay a little for items previously picked up for free, but I am comfortable with this.   


Since I have changed my focus on this exercise has changed, I will not be making a goal this year.    Instead, my energy will be used to research how to elevate the items I purchase or get for free in our current economy.   

    

Traditional ways of picking up free-bees are as follows: digital coupons, printables from the company when available, store coupons and reward programs, samples, and rebate apps such as IBOTTA.     I will seek additional ways to buy items at a significant discount or free.       


January 


Here is my January 2024 list of Free-Bees!  


January (13 Items) 

  • 8x10 Photo- Walgreens store coupon 

  • 4 Ct. Chick- Mini- Chick-Fil-A Reward Coupon

  • Starkist Tuna Pouch- Meijer My Perks Coupon

  • Good and Plenty (6oz)- CVS ECB

  • Carrots (3 lb.)- Meijer Coupon

  • Sweet Potato- Meijer Coupon 

  • 2 Bananas- Meijer Coupon 

  • Private Selection Hummus (10 oz)- Kroger Coupon 

  • Lemex 21 Christmas Trees- Michael’s Sale, $5.00 Voucher 

  • Bath and Body Hand Soap- Store Coupon 

  • Meijer’s Cool Whip- Meijer’s Store Coupon

  • Garnier Moisture Rescue (1.7 oz)- CVS Sale, Coupon, ECB


Most Grateful for:  The Garnier Moisture Rescue.    I use this $11.00 moisturizer daily and purchase it every 6 weeks.     


What is your favorite deal this month?

I’m excited about the Lemex Christmas Trees for my Christmas Village from Michaels.   All Lemex items are of high quality and very expensive.    Since Michaels only had a few boxes left during their 90% post-Christmas sale and I received a $5.00 voucher, I got one box for free.  This was a luxury purchase and not needed, but it will bring beauty and joy to my home next Christmas. 


We are coming in a lot lower in our selection of free-bees that we picked up, but the quality is high and we will use every purchase to elevate our standard of living.   However, I was able to pick up much higher quality items at rock-bottom prices this month which will also help.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...