Skip to main content

Free Bees--> October 2024

 



So far this year we have picked up 236 free items.  High inflation is making it more challenging to find free items.   However, I have set a goal to beat last year’s number (247). I am working towards finding the most items when I have more time and giving myself grace during the months when my time is limited.   


My goal for next year is to find 264 FREE Items. This works out to 22 items per month.  This may be challenging because drug stores and grocery store deals have started to dry up. I rely on digital coupons, printables from the company when available, store coupons and reward programs, samples, and rebate apps such as IBOTTA.     


As always, I can secure these items through Kroger incentives, Drug Store (Walgreens/CVS)  Rewards programs, sales, Smart Source, Meijer’s sales/store coupons, sample requests, and Rebates Programs (IBOTTA/SavingStar).   


January 2024 (29 Items)

February (19 Items) 

March (39 items) 

April (20 Items) 

May ( 32 Items) 

June (8 Items) 

July (23 Items) 

August (17 Items) 

September ( 16 Items) 


October (33 Items) 


  • Chilpole Guacamole→ Downloaded a restaurant app

  • Body Lotion (2.5 oz)- Bath and Body Works Store Coupon 

  • Address Labels- Charity Donation Request

  • Dove intensive repair shampoo (12 oz)- Walgreens Sale, Coupon, RR

  • Dove intensive repair conditioner (12 oz) - Walgreens sale, Coupon, RR

  • 2→ Crest Pro-Health (4.3 oz)- Walgreens Sale, Coupon, RR

  • Private Selection Hummus (10 oz)- Kroger Store Coupon

  • Kroger Bread- Kroger Store Coupon

  • Private Selection Cinnamon Roll- Kroger Store Coupon 

  • Bird Feeder- Door Prize at Luncheon 

  • Kroger Bacon- Kroger Store Coupon

  • Bai Water (16 oz)- Meijer Store Coupon 

  • Kroger Donut- Kroger Store Coupon 

  • Too Good Zero Sugar Yogurt Cup- Kroger Store Coupon 

  • 2→5X7 Photos- Walgreen Coupon Code

  • 2→ 5X7 Photos- CVS Coupon Code 

  • Box of Good and Plenty (6oz)- CVS Store Coupon 

  • Stress Relief Body Cream  (8 oz)- Bath and Body Works Store Coupon

  • Chick-fil-A Breakfast Sandwich- Store Reward Coupon

  • 12-pack Kroger Selzer Water- Kroger Store Coupon

  • 3 Well-Market Popcorn (1 oz)- CVS promotion for flu shot

  • 6 Premium Photo Cards- Walgreens Coupon Code

  • Kroger Pasta Sauce (24-26 oz)- Kroger Store Coupon 


This month’s favorite deals include all of the photo coupon code deals.   I have been able to pick up photos for Christmas gifts and cards.    This will help to reduce my holiday spending. 


Life gets busier every year and I am surprised at how little time I have to coupon and look for deals.     I will continue to try to make my goal for December, but I’m not sure what the next two months have in store for me. 


What is your favorite deal this month?


Here are last  month’s deals: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...