Crocktober Day 3==> Sloppy Joes

 


The leaves are turning colors and starting to drop.   In addition, the weather is turning cool and October is Crock Pot Month. So dust off your slow cookers and start using them to help get dinner on the table this month.    


My slow cooker is a big asset and gets a lot of use over the fall and winter months.    When it is cold outside I use my slow cooker to make soups, stews, sauces, and one-pot meals.      Since school is in full swing, I can get my dinner going in the morning when I have more time.   Then, dinner is done when I am exhausted and this avoids the desire to eat out.   


Crocktober is a challenge, to use your crock pot every day in October.    Although I will not use my crock pot daily, I will use it more this month and post several recipes.   


Come along for the month and see what is cooking.   


Day 3


Our third recipe is homemade Barbeque or Sloppy Joe.  This recipe came from my grandmother-in-law.  Every year on Christmas Eve, she would throw a party, and the main dish was her homemade Barbeque.   This recipe brings back memories of her panties and that part of my life. 


Ingredients: 

  • 1 pound of hamburger

  • ½ cup of onions

  • ½ cup of ketchup

  • 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce

  • 1 tablespoon of vinegar

  • 1 tablespoon of mustard

  • 3 tablespoons of sugar

  • salt and pepper to taste


Directions


  1. Brown and drain hamburger and onions 

  2. Place hamburger and onion in a crockpot.

  1. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 2 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Cool Without an AC- Part 5

The Humble Egg

Frugal Five: #73