Skip to main content

March Sales Cylce- Update

 


March Sale Cycles


There are cycles in the weather, economy, politics, and general fabrics of life, but the cycle that I have focused on recently is the sale cycles which seem to be predictable and constant.  Therefore, caution is best served here because overspending can easily occur in the name of saving money.  Since knowledge is power, here are a few tricks and skills to help you make an informed decision on your cycles.  This month we will focus on the March  Sales Cycles and give a few general tricks to make the most of your budget. 


March tends to focus on March Madness, National Frozen Food Month, Spring Cleaning and Easter is coming up. 


Things I look for in March: 

Allergy Medication

Corned Beef

Frozen Food

Post Cereal

Eggs (Closer to Easter) 

Ham (Closer to Easter) 

March Madness Items (Chips, Pop, Cheese, Crackers, Wings, Etc.) 

Easter Candy

Irish Spring Soap

Cleaning Supplies

Power Washers

Carpet Cleaners

Humidifiers 

Winter Clothing Clearance

Luggage

Garden Supplies

Saint Patrick's Day Clearance Items

Pizza Delivery (March Madness)

Televisions (Around March Madness)

Ski Equipment

Household Items (Pot, Pans, etc) 

Winter items (hats, gloves, shovels, and so much more)


In addition to shopping the sales, it is also good to know what fruits and vegetables are in season because they taste the best and are sold at their lowest price of the year.  


Seasonal Vegetables 

Asparagus

Avocado 

Basil

Beans

Beets

Broccoli

Cabbage

Carrots

Celery

Leeks

Mushrooms

Kale

Radish

Spinach

Shallots 

Turnips


Seasonal Fruit

Mangoes

Strawberries

Tangerines

Sweet Oranges

Papayas

Pineapples 



Year-Round Tips and Tricks

Tip 3- Slow and Steady Win The Race!   Set a reasonable budget and then work towards creating a personalized stockpile/pantry by buying a few extra items on sale.   That way over the year you will have purchased items at rock-bottom prices and will decrease your grocery budget. 


For example, I purchase Starbucks coffee when it is $7.99 per pound vs $10.49 per pound.    I get enough to last me until the next sale, and then do it again.   If I am lucky I pair it with a coupon and/or rebate.  Since I am not paying $10.49 for coffee, I can stock up on other items at rock-bottom prices.    Your price book will help you decide when to buy/stock up.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...