Skip to main content

Free-Bees: August 2023

 


This year we were able to pick up 178 free items.  High inflation and the economy is making finding freebies more challenging.   However, I have set a goal to beat last year’s number (247). My goal for 2023 is to find 252 FREE Items, which works out to 21 freebies per month.   


As always, I can secure these items through Kroger incentives, Drug Store (Walgreens/CVS)  Rewards programs, sales, Pinch Me, Smart Source, Meijer’s sales/store coupons, sample requests, and Rebates Programs (IBOTTA/SavingStar).   


January (33 items) 

February (43 items)

March (22 items) 

April 2023 (15 Items)

May 2023 (24 Items)

June 2023 (3 Items) 

July 2023 ( 27 Items) 


Here is my August 2023 list of Free-Bees!  


August 2023 (11 Items)

3 Listerine Mouthwash (1 Liter)- Walgreens Store Coupon, Coupon, Walgreens Cash Reward and Merchant Rebate

Nurishh Cream Cheese- Kroger Store Coupon 

Sargento Cheese (8 oz)- Kroger Store Coupon 

Kroger Ice Cream (½ gallon)- Kroger Store Coupon 

Nature Valley Savory Bar- Product Sample

2 Gillet Foamy Shaving Cream- CVS Sale, Coupon, Birthday ECB

2 Covergirl Eyeliner Pencils- CVS Store Coupon, Coupons, ECB


August was a really busy and challenging month for me because of a colleague taking medical leave and needing to cover additional duties.     My time to coupon went way down and I ended up spending a lot more than I intended on so many things.    I am putting into place a plan to simplify September and hopefully, it will be a better month. 


My favorite deal this month was the Listerine Mouthwash.    It is my husband’s favorite mouthwash and I am grateful to have been able to pick up 3 for free. 


What is your favorite deal this month?  Leave a Comment Below. 


Did you miss last month's list?   No worries→ It is linked below. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...