Skip to main content

Menu Planning: #256

NOTE- 

1- Click on the picture and get a link to a post sharing the recipe. 

2- Although all prices were correct at the time of the blog postings, the current cost of preparation of these dishes may be higher due to inflation and/or location.     


 May USDA Low Food Plan

According to this plan, our family would have a budget of $197.00 per week.  Given our health concerns, we struggle to maintain this budget, but I will try to make this happen.   


Cost-Saving Tip of the Week:  Loss Leaders are your friend.    I take time each week to look at the fresh fruit, vegetable, and meat sales.   I focus on centering my meal around what is already in my refrigerator first and then my freezer.   However, in order to replace freezer meat and supplement my fresh fruit and vegetables I turn to the weekly loss leaders.   I will pick up meat at the lowest price point and place it in the freezer for the future.    


Here is what we did this week to make our week easier: 



Breakfast Options: 

Hard Boiled Eggs

Yogurt

Cereal

Smoothies


Monday

Cheese Steaks

Vegetables

French Fries


Tuesday

Sausage

Grilled Vegetables

Salad


Wednesday


Beef Topped Salad


Thursday

Pasta

Homemade Gravy

LO Sausage

Salad

Bread


Friday


Tacos

Chips w/ Salsa


Saturday

Mexican Fajitas

Chips with Salsa


Sunday

Baked Pork Chops

Buttered Noodles

Asparagus

Salad


M- Quiche Lorraine 

T- Baja Tacos

W- Chipotle lime chicken 

Th- Leftovers

Fri- Pizza

Sat- Grilled Shrimp

Sun- Greek Chicken 


* Indicate that the recipe is a new one for our family.    


The link is below if you are interested in last week’s Menu Plan. 


What is your meal plan for this week?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...