Frugal Summer Tips 2023: # 3

 


Keeping Cool without AC

This is a challenge every summer, and with the fluctuation of temperatures it is important to be mindful of a variety of different techniques that can be used.   Here are a few to consider: 


Cross Ventilation 

The global environment is such that energy prices are on the rise again.    Winter heating prices were through the roof and summer is getting hotter.   I am looking at how to keep cool on a budget.     


Since the evenings are cool, I am opening my windows at night and up the doors in the morning to lower the temperature of our home.    In addition, when the outside temperature rises higher than our home, we close it up to keep in the cool air and close the curtains to an effort to keep the suns rays out.    


Keeping the Stove Off 

In addition, I try to keep use the stove off as much as possible.   I do this by using my crock pot, grill and non-cook options for dinner.      If I do need to use the stove, I try to make meals that we can enjoy multiple times during the week.    Such as a Mississippi Roast or Pasta Salad.    


If you are interested in more ideas, I have previous posts on Keeping Cool without AC.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg