Lenten Meals- Week 2

 Lenten Meal Ideas


Lent is a religious season which occurs 40 days before Easter and is a time of reflection on your life.   It is a time of fasting and abstinence as a representation of Christ’s 40 day time in the desert.     


Everyone celebrates this season a little differently, but to me it is a time to take stock of your life and determine how you can live a little bit better in the next year.   The fasting and abstinence represents not only Christ’s fasting but reminds me of the struggles of others in our world and what it feels like to be hungry or want for things that I can not have.    Each year I take something different from my experience and humbles me a little bit more.    


Each year I make traditional and non-traditional dishes from around the world in an effort to experience different cultures and how they embrace this season. Come along with me for my journey through the food that I make for my family.   


Week 2

Friday

   


Panera Copycat Mac and Cheese


This is one of our favorite Lenten Meals.    It is easy to make and can be made ahead of time.   I just pair it with a huge salad and dinner is served.   One of the best things about this meal is that my son loves it and never complains.   


Let’s talk price:   I can always pick up pasta for under $1.00 during stock up sales and when Cracker Barrel Vermont Cheddar went on sale a few weeks before Lent, I took advantage and picked up a few blocks.   In addition, I already have milk, flour, mustard,hot sauce and American Cheese on hand to round out the recipe, so no extra cost here.    It is a little more than the blog’s post because food prices have gone up over the last few years, but it is still a winner for a low cost meal.    


Week 2 is complete and we are coming in strong on our meal planning.   What are your favorite Lenten Meals?   Leave a comment below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg