2023 Word of the Year


Last year's word was resilience which was a great word for 2022.   First our family decided to move to another part of the state for my husband's job, so I needed to resign from my position.   This was very scary and really affected me in ways that I did not expect.  However, I was fortunate to have found a wonderful position that allows me to grow and continue to teach children.   

 

This year I am claiming my word of the year to be BALANCE.




This year I do not just want to survive but to flourish.   The world talks a lot about recession and a host of events around the world that seem dark and troublesome.   I recognize that I am unable to control the world and most of the things that are going on, but I can control my little piece of the world and bring balance to my life and support my family to find balance.  Not everything is bad or hurtful and there are still opportunities to bring beauty, love, caring and hope to our lives.   Therefore, I am seeking balance this year.     


In order to live a more balanced life this year, I am starting with working on my meditation, focusing on gratitude and practicing saying “no” to things that will create stress in my life.  


What is your word for 2023?


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg