Fall Is In The Air- Part 2

 


The weather has started to cool, and it is now time to embrace the fall season.    Warm sweaters, hot chocolate, fire pits, pumpkin spice, and giant pots of soup remind me of fall.   



When the air is crisp and the leaves turn colors, it is time for celebration.   Ever since my husband and I were in college, we celebrated Oktoberfest.    

Oktoberfest was started in 1811 as a way to celebrate and support the agriculture and economy of Bavaria. Although in the beginning, the big draw was the horse race, it has not been held since 1960.  Now there are beer halls and German food throughout the United States that host celebrations during this time of year.      



We celebrate by making bratwurst, sauerkraut, soft pretzels, and a cold bottle of beer.    We enjoy sharing this feast with friends and family as a way to enjoy the start of the cool months of the year. 



In addition to Oktoberfest, this is the time of year to get out your scarves and start to layer up.    I like to use scarves to accent my wardrobe, especially my winter coat.      I have scarves in all kinds of patterns and colors which make it fun to switch up my look each week.  This little action helps to bring joy and warmth to my life every fall.     


What are you doing to enjoy Fall?   Leave a Comment.  


If you missed the last 2 posts, they are linked below. 


Fall Bucket List for 2022 Fall Is In The Air- Day 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg