Frugal Five: #11

 The Frugal Five

With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate our daily or weekly activities that help us to live a frugal life.    



1- The Humble Sandwich to the Rescue.


This weekend we had a single-day out-of-town swim meet.   With gas, parking, and entrance fees being a set cost, we were looking for ways to cut our expenses.   So, we packed our lunches and drinks, so that we didn’t have to eat out for this trip.    It’s a little bit of savings, but every little bit counts.         


2- Focused on decreasing my grocery bill. 


I am still doing a pantry challenge with myself this month, so I shopped my pantry and freezer first when planning my meals and tried to limit my grocery shopping.   Last week Kroger had some awesome sales on fruit (blueberries and apples), vegetables (mini peppers), and meat (breakfast sausages).  In addition, Kroger had some great stock-up deals to take advantage of.  Yogurt- $1.99/4ct, Butterfinger Mini $0.27/9.5oz bag, Yasso Popables $0.97/4 ct.Even with the treats, I picked up, my grocery bill was almost half of the normal bill.    


3- Hygge: Enjoying my free book 

I have been reading a digital book, Let Me Go Mr. Hill by Shallow South, which was found online a month and is free to read.    I prefer to read this book through DesireNovel, but there are several other free reading sites to pick from.  It is a quick read and an enjoyable story.   This little bit of self-care has helped keep my stress levels down.       


4- Kitchen Love- 


This week my activity in the kitchen was limited, so I loved my kitchen by taking care of my future garden plants.   I repotted my seedlings and kept them in the sun and watered.    Another busy week, but we are in the home stretch of the school year, so it will ease up shortly.         


5- Water for Lunch Beverage 

I normally take a beverage to have with my lunch each day.   However, I forgot it one day this week, so I thought about taking out my emergency  $1.25 to buy a soda.  However, the price of the sodas went up $0.25 and I found my price point for skipping the drink. My solution was to rinse out my coffee cup and fill it with water at the water fountain.    Problem solved and at no additional cost.   


Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg