Frugal Five- #1

 The Frugal Five

With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate our daily or weekly activities that help us to live a frugal life.    



1- Eat Leftovers 

On Sunday, I made a huge pot of potato soup and portioned it out for lunches.   I paired it with a green salad and enjoyed a healthy and economical lunch all week.    I call that a Win-Win.   


2- Make your coffee at home


Each day we have a large cup of coffee in the morning.    Instead of going to Starbucks to get a Vente cup of coffee, we make it at home.    The combination of buying Starbucks coffee on sale for about $7.00 a pound and making it at home instead of picking it up at a store, saves us a ton of money each year.   


3- Travel with a Water Bottle


Each morning I fill a large water bottle with ice and take it with me to work.  I am able to fill it up with filtered water at school and it keeps me hydrated all day.   As a bonus, I am able to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day which helps me to live a healthier life.   


4- Making a Scarf


I found beautiful green yarn in my stash and started crocheting a new scarf for winter.   This free activity has kept me busy and I am creating a lovely, warm addition to my winter wardrobe.     


5- Car Pool 


We carpool with 2 other families, so we only have to drive to/from practice 2 times a week.    This saves a lot of time, money and reduces our carbon footprint by 2/3rds.  


These things are simple and easy to implement each day and/or week, so it doesn’t take much effort to implement these strategies.    However, the benefits to your life will be significant.      


Do you have any frugal strategies to share?    

Please leave a comment below.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg