Skip to main content

Menu Planning #175

 

Meal planning is essential to eating healthy, keeping the grocery bill down, and maintaining your sanity throughout a workweek.   In addition to meal planning, I try to meal prep as much as possible over the weekend.   This helps to lower my stress during the week.    However, if we have a particularly busy weekend, I try to plan simple or crockpot meals.   


Meal Prep Plan

Hard-Boiled Eggs

Banana Bread

Lunch Salads


NOTE- Although all prices were correct at the time of the blog posting, the current cost of preparation of these dishes may be higher due to inflation and/or location.     


Breakfast Options: 

Yogurt

Hard-Boiled Eggs

Banana Bread

Cereals


Weak August 9-15

Monday

Mississippi Roast Beef

Mashed Potatoes

Corn


Tuesday


Beef Street Tacos

(W/ LO Beef)

LO Corn

Salad 


Wednesday 

Pasta Bake

Salad

Garlic Bread 


Thursday 

Leftovers

(Pasta Bake)


Friday

https://sweetlifeonabudget.blogspot.com/2019/05/pizza-277-per-pie.html


Pizza

Baked Mushrooms   


Saturday

BBQ Chicken

Baked Potatoes

Salad


Sunday

Salmon

Rice

Spinach


This week’s rough plan: 


M- Kielbasa

T- Tacos

W- Lemon Shrimp Pasta

Th- Cajun Chicken Salad

Fri- Cheese Steaks

Sat- Boy Scout Potluck

Sun- Steak 


* Indicate that the recipe is a new one for our family.    


What is your family having this week for dinner?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...