Skip to main content

Menu Planning #174

 

Meal planning is essential to eating healthy, keeping the grocery bill down, and maintaining your sanity throughout a workweek.   In addition to meal planning, I try to meal prep as much as possible over the weekend.   This helps to lower my stress during the week.    However, if we have a particularly busy weekend, I try to plan simple or crockpot meals.   


Meal Prep Plan

Hard-Boiled Eggs

Yogurt

Energy Balls

Apple Spice Oatmeal Bake

Coffee Cake (Pot Luck Breakfast)


NOTE- Although all prices were correct at the time of the blog posting, the current cost of preparation of these dishes may be higher due to inflation and/or location.     


Breakfast Options: 

https://sweetlifeonabudget.blogspot.com/2018/11/making-yogurt-101.html


Yogurt

Hard-Boiled Eggs

Oatmeal Bake

Poptarts


Weak August 9-15

Monday

 

Cheese Steak Sandwiches

French Fries

Vegetable Sticks 


Tuesday

Street Tacos

Salad 


Wednesday 

Cajun Shrimp Pasta

Salad

Broccoli

Bread 


Thursday 

Kielbasa

Potato Cubes

Peppers and Onions 


Friday


Bratwurst

Mac and Cheese

Cauliflower   


Saturday


BBQ Chicken

Baked Potatoes

Salad


Sunday


Out to Dinner for my

Birthday Dinner 


This week’s rough plan: 


M- Mississippi Roast Beef

T-  Burrito Bowl

W- Pasta Bake

Th- Left Overs 

Fri- Pizza

Sat- BBQ Chicken

Sun- Salmon 


* Indicate that the recipe is a new one for our family.    


What is your family having this week for dinner? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...