Skip to main content

Free Friday- May 28, 2021

  

Making small changes that have big results. 

On Friday’s I share weekly deals that cost less than $1.00.   These deals help to keep us on our budget and living The Sweet Life.  Although I do not advocate shopping at a large number of stores during this health crisis, if you are going to a particular store that has a deal- just pick it up too.    

Unfortunately I haven’t been shopping at CVS for a while, so my CRT’s are very limited and not exceptional at this point.   As I do more shopping at CVS the better the deals will be.  Start small and grow your experience.    


CVC (May 23- May 29, 2021)

Cover Girl Eyebrow Pencils

Cost: $6.59 x 2 = $13.18

Coupons: $3.00- CVS Digital

                $3.00- IP

      $4.00 Red Box Machine Coupon

OOP: $3.18

ECB: $6.00 

Final Cost: Free + $2.82 MM


Kroger Deals (May 26- June 1,2021)


** Check your Best Customer Coupons.    This month I received a Free 8 oz Pack of Sliced Sargento Cheese. 


Barilla Chickpea and Red Lentil Pasta

Cost: $2.49

Buy 5 Deal: $1.00

OOP: $1.49

IBOTTA: $1.00 (Limit 5) 

Kroger Cash Back: $0.75 (Limit 5) 

Final Price: FREE + $0.26 MM


Blue Diamond Almonds

Cost: $2.99 x 6 = $17.94

Buy 5 Deal: $1.00X 6 = $6.00

Coupons: $½ Kroger Digital or 3/28 SS x 3 = $3.00

OOP: $8.94

Blue Diamond Rebate

Buy 2 = $1.00

Buy 4 = $5.00

Buy 6 = $10.00

Final Price: FREE + $1.06 MM


Suave Body Wash

Cost: $1.99 

Buy 5 Deal: $1.00

OOP: $1.99

IBOTTA: $0.50 (Limit 5)

Kroger Cash Back: $0.50 (Limit 5) 

Final Cost: FREE


Ocean Spray Blends 

Cost: $2.50

OOP: $2.50

IBOTTA: $1.00 (Limit 3)

Kroger Cash Back: $1.00 (Limit 3)

Final Cost: $0.50


Brave Robot Pint Ice Cream

Cost: $5.99 (BOGO) for 2 pints

OOP: $5.99

Brave Robot Rebate: $5.99

Final Cost: 2 for FREE

https://braverobot.co/pages/impact


Sample Requests 


FREE CeraVe Moisturizing Cream Sample

https://cloud.mail.cerave.com/MoisturizingCreamSamples


Quaker/Hasbro Game Giveaway

Redeem for FREE Hasbro Go & Grab Game!

https://www.gametimewithquaker.com/


Abbreviations: 

OOP- Out of pocket expense. 

CRT- CVS Store Coupons

ECB= Extra Care Buck 

(Coupon to be used on 

anything at CVS) 

REGISTER REWARD

(Coupon to be used on 

anything at Walgreens) 

IP- Internet Printable

Obtained from Coupon.com 

unless indicated

Newspaper Inserts: 

SS- Saving Star

RMN- Retail Me Not

P&G- P&G Coupons in Newspaper 


Rebate Apps (On Phone) 

IBOTTA

Coupon.com

Checkout 51

Shopkicks

How have you lived frugally this week?   Share your ideas with our community.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...