Skip to main content

14 Days of Valentine's

14 Days of Valentine’s 


Each year I try to do something nice for each member of my family for the 2 weeks leading up to
Valentine's Day.  With my son reaching the tween age range, it has gotten harder and harder to find
nice treats that are affordable for each day.    
I hit the jackpot with the after holiday sales this year.    I found his favorite Lindt Chocolate Truffles on
sale for over 70%.    That is 14 days of treats for under $3.00. I pair each chocolate with a
Valentine's joke, Lunchbox notes or Love notes.


Love Notes: 


Jokes: 


Lunch Box Notes: 


** NOTE that each free item is not always appropriate for your situation or child, so be selective. 


As for my husband, he enjoys the little extra things that I do throughout these 2 weeks.   For
example, I might bring him coffee in bed, a note in his lunch box or make his lunch with a special
sweet treat.    When we first got engaged, we went to a couples weekend and were given a
homemade yarn pom pom which symbolizes our love for each other.  He always get this in his lunch,
car or other unusual place that will surprise him.    

All in all, it is the thoughtfulness that counts.  Each person is different and responds to different
expressions of love.   You just pay attention and find the small things in life that bring joy and
happiness to your family/significant other.  

What did you do for the one's you love? Leave a Comment Below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...