Christmas is NOT an Emergency


Erin from “My Frugal Home” tries to purchase all of her Christmas Presents for under
$100.00 each year.   She gets really creative and has many strategies to help out. In
addition to her ideas for reducing the cost of this holiday,  I have a few tricks to add. Come
along from August to December to see how we can lower our holiday expenses.     

January - July  2019

Earlier in the year, I have been couponing and requesting samples from companies that will
help to stuff my family’s stockings this Christmas. Here are some of the things I have been
able to pick up:  Nice Razors, Grilling Supplies, Mechanical Pencils, Drawing Pencils,
Makeup Sets, 2 Full Size Nail Polish, various bottles of Shampoo and Conditioner, Hair
Spray, Samples of Hair Care Products, Face Mask, Make-Up Remover, Large Candles, and
Various Assortment of Make-Up. 

August 2019 
Bic Gelocity Pens (13 ct), 3 Covergirl  Mascaras, 1 Facial Mask, 2 Step Eye Kits, 1 Garnier
Moisture Rescue, 1 Garnier Cleansing Towelettes, Invisible Concealer, 4 Poparazzi Nail
Polish, 2 Febreeze Plug Ins, 2 Glade Plug Ins, and 2 Shea Moisturizer Hair Care
Treatments. 

September 2019 

2 Almay Makeup Remover (80ct), 2 Poparazzi Nail Polish, 2 Gillette Mach 3 Razors, Schick
Xtreme Shave Foam, 2 Schick Xtreme 3 PIvot Ball Razors, Whole Blend Shampoo and
Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner, 2 Nexxus Conditioner Caviar, 5-
Toffifay (12 ct) Boxes, 1- 60 page journal, 2- Mary Engelbreit Journals, 1- Mudlark Line Pad,
2- Cross Stitch Flower Patterns that can be made into a drink coaster or framed, 1- 10 pack
of Bic Pens, 2- Earbuds

October 2019
** Through my My Points account I cashed in my points for a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card
that I will be using towards Christmas presents.   In addition, I cashed out my
IBOTTA account and earned XXX in an Amazon Gift Card. However, I may save the
gift cards for Black Friday Cyber Deal.   


FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Since I am picking up several things when they are free or rock bottom prices, I am keeping
my Holiday Budget under control.    Look at ways that you can do this for your budget too.
Stick around and see what else I can pick up for the Holidays.


Sale/Rebate/Coupon Finds
By combining CVS Sales, Couponing, CRT, ECB, Rebate Apps and Beauty Bucks,  I was
able to pick up 38 items for Free or under a $1.00.   Most of these items were FREE.

Candle Basket: 
Renuzit Snuggle 1 Oil w/ Holder, 

Beauty Basket: 

Aveeno Single Use Face Mask, 5 Pretty Savvy Poufs , Maybelline single shadow and
Snapscara,  6 Poparazzi Nail Polish, Nail File, Almay Makeup Remover (80ct), Rimmel
Products (Brow This Way, Magnif’eye), 3 Yes To Face Masks, 

Shaving Gift: 
2- Nivea Lotion ($1.74 vs. $7.49- Score),  2 Gillette Mach 3 Razors, 

Hair Care Gift: 
2- Herbal Essence Hair Spray, Elvive Shampoo and Conditioner ( 12.6 oz), 

Candy or Cookie Gift:
3 Hershey Candy Bars, 

General Gifts: 
2 5x7 Photos, 2 8x10 Photo, Dragon’s Heart Movie, 2 Kleenex Slim Packets

November TIP:   November is a month to start to stock up on Baking items.   I am planning
on stocking up on some key items to make cookies, candy and/or Sugared Almonds to fill
out my gift baskets.    In addition, with Michaels 40% coupons, I pick up pretty decorative
bags/boxes to put them in, so it looks very nice. 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Since I am picking up several things when they are free or rock bottom prices, I am keeping
my Holiday Budget under control.    Look at ways that you can do this for your budget too.
Stick around and see what else I can pick up for the Holidays.

Comments

  1. I love stocking up on things through out the year to be ready for the holidays. I did you Swagbucks and My Points to get lots of gift cards to buy other things too!! I used Children's Place and Kohl's rewards to get free things too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg