Skip to main content

Christmas is NOT an Emergency


Erin from “My Frugal Home” tries to purchase all of her Christmas Presents for under
$100.00 each year.   She gets really creative and has many strategies to help out. In
addition to her ideas for reducing the cost of this holiday,  I have a few tricks to add. Come
along from August to December to see how we can lower our holiday expenses.     

January - July  2019

Earlier in the year, I have been couponing and requesting samples from companies that will
help to stuff my family’s stockings this Christmas. Here are some of the things I have been
able to pick up:  Nice Razors, Grilling Supplies, Mechanical Pencils, Drawing Pencils,
Makeup Sets, 2 Full Size Nail Polish, various bottles of Shampoo and Conditioner, Hair
Spray, Samples of Hair Care Products, Face Mask, Make-Up Remover, Large Candles, and
Various Assortment of Make-Up. 

August 2019 
Bic Gelocity Pens (13 ct), 3 Covergirl  Mascaras, 1 Facial Mask, 2 Step Eye Kits, 1 Garnier
Moisture Rescue, 1 Garnier Cleansing Towelettes, Invisible Concealer, 4 Poparazzi Nail
Polish, 2 Febreeze Plug Ins, 2 Glade Plug Ins, and 2 Shea Moisturizer Hair Care
Treatments. 

September 2019 

2 Almay Makeup Remover (80ct), 2 Poparazzi Nail Polish, 2 Gillette Mach 3 Razors, Schick
Xtreme Shave Foam, 2 Schick Xtreme 3 PIvot Ball Razors, Whole Blend Shampoo and
Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner, 2 Nexxus Conditioner Caviar, 5-
Toffifay (12 ct) Boxes, 1- 60 page journal, 2- Mary Engelbreit Journals, 1- Mudlark Line Pad,
2- Cross Stitch Flower Patterns that can be made into a drink coaster or framed, 1- 10 pack
of Bic Pens, 2- Earbuds

October 2019
** Through my My Points account I cashed in my points for a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card
that I will be using towards Christmas presents.   In addition, I cashed out my
IBOTTA account and earned XXX in an Amazon Gift Card. However, I may save the
gift cards for Black Friday Cyber Deal.   


FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Since I am picking up several things when they are free or rock bottom prices, I am keeping
my Holiday Budget under control.    Look at ways that you can do this for your budget too.
Stick around and see what else I can pick up for the Holidays.


Sale/Rebate/Coupon Finds
By combining CVS Sales, Couponing, CRT, ECB, Rebate Apps and Beauty Bucks,  I was
able to pick up 38 items for Free or under a $1.00.   Most of these items were FREE.

Candle Basket: 
Renuzit Snuggle 1 Oil w/ Holder, 

Beauty Basket: 

Aveeno Single Use Face Mask, 5 Pretty Savvy Poufs , Maybelline single shadow and
Snapscara,  6 Poparazzi Nail Polish, Nail File, Almay Makeup Remover (80ct), Rimmel
Products (Brow This Way, Magnif’eye), 3 Yes To Face Masks, 

Shaving Gift: 
2- Nivea Lotion ($1.74 vs. $7.49- Score),  2 Gillette Mach 3 Razors, 

Hair Care Gift: 
2- Herbal Essence Hair Spray, Elvive Shampoo and Conditioner ( 12.6 oz), 

Candy or Cookie Gift:
3 Hershey Candy Bars, 

General Gifts: 
2 5x7 Photos, 2 8x10 Photo, Dragon’s Heart Movie, 2 Kleenex Slim Packets

November TIP:   November is a month to start to stock up on Baking items.   I am planning
on stocking up on some key items to make cookies, candy and/or Sugared Almonds to fill
out my gift baskets.    In addition, with Michaels 40% coupons, I pick up pretty decorative
bags/boxes to put them in, so it looks very nice. 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Since I am picking up several things when they are free or rock bottom prices, I am keeping
my Holiday Budget under control.    Look at ways that you can do this for your budget too.
Stick around and see what else I can pick up for the Holidays.

Comments

  1. I love stocking up on things through out the year to be ready for the holidays. I did you Swagbucks and My Points to get lots of gift cards to buy other things too!! I used Children's Place and Kohl's rewards to get free things too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...