Skip to main content

Living the Sweet Life- Tips and Tricks (April 5, 2019)

Living the Sweet Life- Tips and Tricks


The Sweet Life On A Budget is where we celebrate living life creatively, using our r
resources efficiently, enjoying the simple things in life and being community minded
in our efforts to live well on a budget.  


We make small changes that have big results, so we can afford and choose what makes
us really happy.  


Here are a few ways I live intentionally and what I enjoyed this week.  


Baked Bread- There is nothing more delicious than hot, freshly baked bread.  The fact
that it is a higher quality product which cost less than a quarter of the price of a similar
loaf at the grocery store is a bonus.  




Carpooling for activities or Batch Running Errand-  This is a great way to live
intentionally.  We are lowering our carbon footprint by collectively using less fossil
fuel, building wonderful relationships by living cooperatively and as a bonus saving a
little cash.  This week I was able to use the saved time and attend a Creation Care
meeting, which works on lowering our church’s carbon footprint. I call this a Win,
Win, Win!




Loving Movement- I enjoyed a few movies this week that were playing on our Sling
TV subscription.  When the movies went to commercial, I got up and moved.
Sometimes, I went and started laundry, wiped down the bathroom, straightened up the
kitchen, dusted the living room, etc.  This way I was able keep up with a little light
house work and get some steps in also. On of the things I really enjoyed this week was
a clean house and how the uncluttered space really created a sanctuary for my family.  

Tended to my plants-  I have several plants I am growing from seed and they are at
the fragile stage of the process, so they need a lot of tender loving care.  This will help
to create a wonderful garden this summer. I am looking forward to walking just
outside my kitchen an picking fresh tomatoes, green beans or peppers to cook for
dinner.  
Growing Aloe and Rosemary- In addition, I have Aloe and Rosemary growing in my
kitchen.  Rosemary and Aloe are helpful plants to have in the kitchen. Not only do
they add to cooking or help with burns, but they also help to produce a restful and
positive environment.  Hopefully this summer, I will be able to add a few more herbs
to my kitchen area.



Living life simply and intentionally is the way to go.  What did you do this week to live the Sweet
Life for Little to No Money?  Leave a comment below.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...