Frugal Friday- February 8, 2019


Making small changes that have big results.

On Friday’s I share 5 frugal ideas to help you maintain The Sweet Life on a Budget.
 These things will have money saving ideas and/or a way to enhance your lifestyle for
very little money.


Started to plan my kitchen garden.  Our public library has a seed collection that people
can “borrow” AKA getting seeds for free starting in February.  I have organized the
green house location for growing my seeds in February. Hmm. I think I’m getting
Spring Fever.  
Leftover Seeds from Last Year


Experiment- Save Seeds from last year


Stockpiling Items-  This week our Kroger store had a $3.00 off of 6 items and some
items were quite a bargain.  So I took advantage of my MUST larger food budget this
week and cashed in. Pasta was at my stock up price and I picked up 6 of them for
$3.00.  Cheese was on sale for $3.00 for a pound, but wait--- I also had a coupon for
$1.00 off. That lowered the price to $2.00 for a pound. This will last us at least 2
weeks.  
Compared prices for vitamins and discovered a much better deal than usual.  I was able
to get my husband’s vitamins on sale (BOGO) with the price being $2.00 less than our
usual brand and the number of days each bottle provides is much higher.  This was a
great find.


Weekend Entertainment-  I stopped by the library during my errand run to pick up a
few movies for the family to watch and a book or 2 to read.  Unfortunately, they are
resurfacing their floors, so the movies were not available. It is a good thing that we are
flexible and have a few things in our back pocket.  We already purchased a Trampoline
Park Card over a year ago at a discount, so we went with a friend and had no out of
pocket money needed. In addition, we were able to use our Amazon Prime and Roku
to stream movies to watch.  


We returned items that we didn’t use when redo our bathroom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg