What I Spent and What We Ate

WHAT I SPENT AND WHAT WE ATE


I have been looking at my overflowing freezers and very full pantry over the holiday week and
wondering why am I still going grocery shopping?   I am planning on making January my
Pantry/Freezer Challenge month.


This is what I’m doing……


First I am taking an inventory of both my freezer and pantry to see exactly what I have.  Then I will
be menu planning around what I have and only purchasing what we need which will focus on
perishable items such as fruit, vegetable and milk which should be about $35.00 a week.  I am low
on a few key life items (AKA Coffee, cat food, cat litter, etc.), so I did keep an extra $10.00 in the
budget for rock bottom prices on these items. This makes for a total budget of $155.00.  


WHAT I SPENT


January Spending


Week 1
Krogers = $38.48


Week 2
CVS= $1.90
Walgreens= $0.00
Krogers= 38.48
Meijer= 3.24


Week 3
Kroger= $13.21 (Coffee Sale)
Meijers= $6.87
CVS= $0.00
Aldi= $22.34


The numbers come in at $124.52 so far this month.  We are slightly over budget, but when you can
save 50% on good coffee, you take the opportunity.  ($4.52 over budget for the low spend month)


WHAT WE ATE (January 13-19, 2019)


Sunday- Taught Sunday School, Swim Practice
Since all of the activities were spaced so that we needed a quick, easy and ready when we got
home kind of meal, we went with a crockpot meal.  


Crockpot Chicken
Brown Rice
Green Beans


Monday- Since my husband is not home for supper tonight, my son gets his favorite dish- Pasta!

Pasta with Broccoli
Salad
Flat Bread




Tuesday - Swim
Chicken and Rice Soup
Salad
Sandwiches

Wednesday- Working, Swim
Leftovers


Thursday- Swim
Pork Chops
Buttered Noodles
Applesauce
Green Salad


Friday- Working
Pizza
Salad
Vegetable Sticks



Saturday-
Chicken Creole
Rice
Green Beans
Salad
Bread

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg