Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins-makes 20


I am not sure which website I picked up this recipe from, so unfortunately I am unable to provide
credit to the correct person(s).  If you are the person whose recipe this is, please let me know and I
will update this post and link your website for the recipe.


However, this is the slightly modified Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe I use frequently to use
up the bananas that sit a little too long on the counter.  If I don’t have enough bananas to make this
recipe, I just peel and freeze the bananas until I have enough. This recipe has turned out to be a
family favorite.


Ingredients:


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (Mini Chips work best)
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Imitation Vanilla works fine in this recipe)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (About 3 medium bananas; I just roughly measure.)


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. i
sift the dry ingredients to produce a softer batter.  
Then add chocolate chips.  Stir the chocolate chips into the batter in order to prevent them from
sinking to the bottom of the batter.  

2. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Add bananas.
3. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. The mixture will be very thick.  
4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 (17)
minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire
racks.   


The Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins will freeze very well, so if this recipe make too many for your
family then you can freeze them once cooled.  

WARNING-  My 11 year boy can eat an entire batch in 1 sitting, if I would let him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg