Skip to main content

Frugal Friday- December 21


Making small changes that have big results.


On Friday’s I share 5 frugal ideas to help you maintain The Sweet Life on a Budget.
 These things will have money saving ideas and/or a way to enhance your lifestyle for
very little money.

Neighbor Gifts- I spent 1 afternoon baking and putting together a few neighbor gifts to
share the holiday spirit.  Since, like everyone else, I am on a budget, I didn’t have a lot
of money to spend on this project, so I made some of our favorite cookies and put them
on a plate with a little candy I picked up last week on sale.  This made a thoughtful gift
for my neighbors who really enjoyed it.
I made a big pot of Chicken Noodle Soup using the leftover vegetables from the week,
homemade stock and chicken from the freezer.   Dinner for next to nothing.
I shopped at my local discount grocery store for the monthly stock up items. This is
always tricky because I need to set a strict budget and stick with it, but now there is no
need to drive across town for a whole month.  
Packed snacks and dinner for Friday night when we had a local meet.  No Stupid Tax this week.
I was feeling a little dehydrated and needed to boost my level of water intake, so I
made a point of packing a refillable bottle of water for lunch and to have around the
house.  

So what small things did you do this week to save money?  Share below in the
comment section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...