Frugal Friday- December 14




The Sweet Life on a Budget


Making small changes that have big results.


On Friday’s I share 5 frugal ideas to help you maintain The Sweet Life on a budget.  These things will have money saving ideas and/or a way to enhance your lifestyle for very little money.



Image result for kroger free fridaysI downloaded my Free Friday coupon from Kroger, looked for couponing opportunities and picked up some free toothpaste, cheap Eucerin lotion  and learned to hold a few coupons for next week. 
                                     
                      


We had some success and epic failures with our event planning this past weekend.  I packed a large number of snacks for my son’s swim event and lunches for Saturday, but didn’t pack anything for Sunday.  In addition, my son misplaced his Sunday snacks for Sunday and we needed to stop at Walmart for more snacks. However, even when we were paying our “stupid tax” , you know the price of not planning well, we looked for the best value for our money focusing on high nutritious products at a good value.  I also discovered that the Sunday paper was $1.00 in the area where the swim meet was, so I picked up my papers for their coupons. It was a small savings given the additional expense of the snacks, but every little bit helps.

Wins- Packed Snacks

Losses- Paid to eat out


      
Image result for aldi
Although it was hard, I set a lower grocery budget and kept to it.  I was able to do this by shopping my pantry first and only getting things that we need and/or were deeply discounted.  This week coming up, I am planning on shopping at Aldi's to stock up for the next month and our end of the month trip.  



Our church is having a special mass festival this Tuesday that we are going to attend.  We will be celebrating a festival for Our Lady Of Guadalupe. We will also be experiencing authentic Mexican food and enjoying the music of a Mariachi Band.



                                             


My husband has a potluck holiday party this week and needs to bring a side to share.  He has shared with me that it is a large group and the item will need to be very large.  In addition, many of the people in attendance are health conscious and prefer healthier options.  If we were to purchase a side dish it would be very expensive, so I have been wanting to try a recipe on Pinterest that would meet the above criteria, so I made it for him to take.  
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg