December Joy

December Joy

Slowing down and taking the time to enjoy our surroundings is essential to Living The Sweet Life On A Budget.  Whether it is enjoying nature or the beauty of city architecture, taking time to stop and appreciate beauty wherever you find it is important.   Our Rich Backyard Life series looks at the beauty that is surrounding us, whether it is animals, flowers, buildings, locations, or anything else that we can appreciate in our daily travels.  Let’s take a look at the beauty of December in the Mountz House.

December has the shortest day of the year and tends to be dark and a little gray.  However, our
neighborhood has gas lights that lines the street and tends to light up the evening sky with holiday
lights.  


Sunrise over the lake with holiday lights


Neighborhood house lights


We also enjoy lighting up our space with our Christmas Tree, Village and fireplace.

Christmas Tree 2018

Our Fireplace

I fell in love with the Christmas Villages last year and decided to start one in my home.  After
Christmas I was able purchase a nativity scene and small Christmas house at Michael's for 70% off.
So this little house and nativity scene cost me $21.28 which is considerably less than the original price.
The Christmas tree was my mother’s and I enjoy it being part of this new venture.  It reminds me of her
each time I light it. The Nutcrackers were a gift from my husband’s grandmother several Christmas’ ago
and we love how they guard the tree. The silk flowers I have had for at least a decade and just add to
the scene this year.  I know it is small this year, but over the next few years my village will grow.


Christmas Village 2018

Nativity Scene


We hope you enjoyed the pictures and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg