Skip to main content

Thankful List 2018

On  Thanksgiving Day, I post a list of 20 things I’m thankful for.  I picked the number 20 rather randomly, so please don’t judge. These are not in order of importance.  That would make this job way too hard. I just type ’em as they pop into my head.
I’m thankful for:
1- My Lord and Savior.  He walks with me daily and protects me.
2- My loving husband who a constant source of strength and love.
3- My son who shines joy and happiness daily and is very inquisitive.  
4- The ability of work as much as I want.
5- My garden- This year we increase how much we were able to preserve.

6- Learning to make pickles this year.
7- Learning how to dry peppers for winter.

8- My friends who support me and help to ground me.
9- Coffee- This is truly the elixir of life.

10- Having people read my blog.  This is one of the most uplifting and special things this year. Thank You.
11- Warm House- Many people in the work do not know where they are sleeping this evening and keep them in my prayers.  
12- Good food- So many children go hungry every night and it saddens me.  I am thankful for the food that I have and try to support those who are not as fortunate.  
13- Nature and all the beauty she shows me.

14- Chloe (my cat)- She is a consistent source of unconditional love.
- 
15- Sun Rises and Sets-  There is nothing more beautiful than watching this.

16- Experiencing the 4 seasons.  Nothing beats feeling the change in weather, watch plants erupt from the ground, enjoying the summer bounty, leaves changing color and snow falling to the ground.

17- Christmas Trees with all their lights, decorations and magic.

18- The freedom that our country offers.
19- Fireworks

20- Fireplaces

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...