Frugal Friday- March 9,2018


Making small changes that have big results. 


On Friday’s I share 5 frugal ideas to help you maintain The Sweet Life on a budget.  These things will have money saving ideas and/or a way to enhance your lifestyle for very little money.

Our household is a little tired this week from all the travel last week. We needed to really break the tasks up into small pieces and do a little bit each day because we didn't have our weekend preparation time for the week and I worked all week. Soooo- Here we go.

1. I made sure we packed lunch every day. This was a little challenging because I usually pack all of our lunches on Sunday and we just didn't have the time. However, with a 15 minute commitment each night to pack lunches for the next day, we were able to make it through the week. Our lunches were basic (e.g. salads, sandwiches, or left overs, fruit and vegetable), but everyone enjoyed them each day.
Image result for packed lunches
2. We ran out of strawberries on Monday and waited to purchase more until they went on sale for half the price. In addition, we were able to get some chicken to put into the freezer at a low price. Score- Strawberries and a little re-stock action.

3. After our large eating out bill this last weekend, we were dedicated to eating in every night this week. Dinner at home each night- Check!
Image result for dinner at home
4. I used my Fitbit to meet my personal physical activity goal and add points to my health care total which should net me an additional $50.00 towards my HSA.
Image result for fitbit
5. I needed to deposit my ATT refund check and went to our bank branch at our local Giant Eagle. While there I took advantage of their "eAdvantage" item this week for a free McCormick's breakfast spice. It is Red Pepper Salsa and I can't wait to try it in our egg bake dish.

Image result for giant advantage




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg