Frugal Friday - February 16, 2018



Making small changes that have big results. 


On Friday’s I share 5 frugal ideas to help you maintain The Sweet Life on a budget.  These things will have money saving ideas and/or a way to enhance your lifestyle for very little money.


  1. Gas Fill Up- I checked with my Gas Buddy to see if gas prices are projected to go up or down and then I selected the day to fill up my tank.  In addition, I used my Kroger gas rewards to save an additional $.10 per gallon.                                                                                                                                             
  2. Legal Double Dipping- We are going on a short trip this weekend and are planning on eating out at particular restaurants, so after estimating a conservative amount we would spend at each restaurant I picked up gift cards at my local Kroger.  This provided me with double gas reward points and 3% cash back from our credit card. 
  3. I down loaded 3 Kindle books from our Amazon Prime account for free.  Who doesn't like free books.  Score!
  4. By packing snacks and drinks for our road trip we were not only able to save money by not stopping and purchasing overpriced fast food, but also saved on our overall travel time.  That's a win win for our travel days.   
  5. We cancelled our cable/internet/phone bundle, decided to switch internet provider (after doing a price comparison) and signed up with Sling in order to pick up most of the channels we usually watch.  In addition, we purchased an antenna to pick up the rest of the channels.  Over all we are saving approximately $150.00 per month.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg