Skip to main content

Free-Bee: January 2024


So far this year we were able to pick up 29 free items.  High inflation is making finding free items more challenging to find.   However, I have

set a goal to beat last year’s number (247). Currently, I am working towards finding

extra items during months when I have more time and giving myself grace

during the months when my time is limited.   


My goal for next year is to find 264 FREE Items. This works out to 22 items per month. 

This may be challenging because the drugstore deals have started to dry up

and grocery store deals are not as frequent as they used to be.    I will rely on

digital coupons, printables from the company when available, store coupons and

reward programs, samples, and rebate apps such as IBOTTA.     


As always, I can secure these items through Kroger incentives, Drug Store (Walgreens/CVS) 

Rewards programs, sales, Smart Source, Meijer’s sales/store coupons, sample

requests, and Rebates Programs (IBOTTA/SavingStar).   


January 


Here is my January 2024 list of Free-Bees!  


January 2024 (29 Items)

  1. Kroger Tortilla Chips (10oz)- Free w/ purchase of item I already was buying

  2. 2 Rotel (10 oz)- Free w/ purchase of item I already was buying

  3. 2 Colgate Total (3.5 oz)- Walgreens Sale, Coupons, Register Rewards

  4. Crest Total (3.2 oz)- Walgreens Sale, Coupons, Register Rewards

  5. Oral B Toothbrush- Walgreens Sale, Coupons, Register Rewards

  6. Downy Rinse and Refresh (25.5 oz)- Walgreens Sale, Coupons, IBOTTA

  7. Revlon Kiss Balm- Coupon, Walgreens Cash 

  8. Rimmel Eye Liner - Coupon, Walgreens Cash 

  9. Bed and Body Works Lotion (2.5oz)- Store Coupon

  10. 2 foam Brush- Michael’s Reward Coupon, Teacher Discount Program

  11. 2 packages of beads- Michael’s Reward Coupon, Teacher Discount Program

  12. Charm - Michael’s Reward Coupon,  Teacher Discount Program

  13. 2 5x7 Photos- CVS Coupon Code

  14. Pepper- Meijer’s Store Coupon

  15. 7 Chap Stick- CVS Discounted Price, ECB

  16. Meijer Stock ( oz)- Meijer’s Store Coupon 

  17.  2 Dannon (32oz)- Product Coupon


My favorite deal this month was getting the 2 large containers of yogurt. 

This deal provided my son with a 32 oz container of vanilla yogurt for breakfast

and I used the second container to make more yogurt and tzatziki sauce.   


What is your favorite deal this month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...