The Frugal Five: #86

 The Frugal Five: #86


With inflation on the rise and salaries not increasing, our ability to make ends meet keeps going down.    Therefore, we must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.    


This week I am exploring how to keep costs down during busy weeks.    Keeping dinner on the table instead of eating out is one of my strategies to get the job done.    Here are some of my tips and trips.   


1- Side Hustle


Over the summer, I tutor a few students to keep up with my Orton Gillingham practices and earn a little money to pay for my Orton Gillingham training, observations, and supplies.     The money isn’t a lot, but every little bit helps. 


2- Hanging Laundry 

The weather has turned warm and combined with the nice breezes, it is great for handing laundry outside to dry. The saving are minimal, but this combined with the conservation of energy and the wonderful smell it gives to the clothes is wonderful.  


3- Spring Cleaning 


I know it is summertime, but this is when I have the time to Spring Clean my home.    I am going room by room, cleaning out all the cabinets, and deep cleaning the floors, windows, etc.     This gives my home a freshness that can’t be described.   In addition, I am selecting simple decorations to bring elegance to my house.    Over the past year, I printed pictures of beautiful statues from Hawaii for free and picked up frames on sale.   This, combined with the decor I already own, provides great touches to my home. 


4- Cooking from Scratch 

Since school is off for the summer, I have more time to cook and bake from scratch.   I noticed a few bananas turning ripe, so I made them into bread for breakfast or a snack.    In addition, I picked up milk when it was on sale, but it was going out of date, so I made yogurt, ice cream, and pudding.        


5- Free Flowers

We have several rose bushes in our front beds.  When blooming, I cut a few for our dining room table.     My husband gave me a wonderful flower grid which I used in conjunction with my green class bowl to present them.    It was a beautiful combination.  


What Free-bees have you been able to pick up this year?    My entire year is attached below.    


Here is my list:

Do you want to see what we did last week?   

Just click on the picture for the link. 



Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Keeping Cool Without an AC- Part 5

The Humble Egg