Skip to main content

Frugal Five- #9

 The Frugal Five

With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate our daily or weekly activities that help us to live a frugal life.    



1- FREE Photos from CVS and Walgreens


I was able to pick up 3 free 5x7 photos from CVS by using their promo code.   In addition, Walgreens provided a promo code for a free 8X10 photo.  It was easy to order online and then pick up at the store at my convenience.     Because I batch my errands, it didn’t cost me any additional funds to pick up the photos from each store.    


2- Meijer’s 10 for $10 get the 11th Free 

     

Meijer’s 10 for $10 get the 11th free Sale is back!  I was able to pick up 11 items for $1.00 each.   In addition to getting the 11th item free, I was able to use the $5.00 coupon which made 5 more items free.    I was able to pick up items that I would have purchased anyway from my grocery list which lowered my final grocery bill for the week.    


3- Hygge: Experience Nature


We experienced some warm days this week and I took advantage by enjoying a long walk.    The fresh air, plants, and animals really renewed my spirit.  This is an easy, frugal experience that will regenerate your energy and de-stress after a long workday. 


4- Kitchen Love- Breakfast Bread


I had a little Ricotta leftover from a previous deal, so I decided to make a Ricotta Breakfast Bread.   This delicious bread is made for a week of breakfast treats.         


5- Large Chocolate Bars were at Rock Bottom Prices

  


Chocolate Love Bars were on Sale for $2.19 each.   In addition, Kroger Cash and IBOTTA had a rebate for $0.80 each with a limit of 5.   Thus making the bars only $0.59 each.  I picked up 5 bars for the pantry.    We are set for a while.    


Please leave a comment below with your ways of saving money this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...