Skip to main content

Free or Cheap Deals- June 23-29


CVS Sales from June 23-29, 2019

This week has been a little light for me.   I was able to get some really cheap items, but
nothing for  free. Unfortunately either the items were not available at my target price or it
didn’t need the free items this week.  I will share the items that I did purchase and how
much they cost and the items that I didn’t pick up.  

2 Maybelline Single Eye Shadows: 
Cost: $4.19 x 2 = $8.38
Coupon: $3.00 - Instant Coupon printed @ Red Box for everyone
Out of Pocket Expense= $5.38
ECB: $5.00 (MUST buy 2) 
Final Cost: $0.38 or $0.19 each

Note: Some stores sell Maybelline Single Eye Shadows for $3.99, which would make both of them FREE. 

1 Neutrogena Deep Clean Clay Mask: 
Cost: $4.19
Coupon: $3.00 - Instant Coupon printed @ Red Box
Out of Pocket Expense= $1.19
ECB: None
Final Cost: $1.19

1 Elastic Wrap Bandage: 
Cost: $1.00
Coupon: NONE
Out of Pocket Expense= $1.00
ECB: NONE
Final Cost: $1.00

NOTE- One of the reasons why I picked up these things is because I had ECB that were
about to expire and I only needed to spend a little bit in order to earn another Beauty Bucks
to make up for the EBC’s that I spent.    I consider this a Win Win.

The key to shopping at CVS is to keep your EBC’s rolling. If I do not use the item, I will
donate the items to a variety of different charities.   However, I am going to use these items
for a Spa Day this weekend.

Deals I passed on, but you don’t have to. 

Walgreens Sales from June 23-29, 2019

3 Colgate Enamel Health Toothpaste 
Cost: $4.99 X 3 = $14.97
Coupon: $5/3 (IP- Coupon.com)
Out of Pocket Expense= $9.97
Walgreen Points: 3,000 X 3 = 9,000 or $9.00
Rebate: $0.75 x 3 = $2.25
Final Cost: Money Maker $ 1.28

CVS Sales from June 23-29, 2019

2 Softsoap Body Washes (Sale- BOGO 50%)
Cost: $4.99 + $2.50 = $7.49
Coupon: $0.75 x 2 = $1.50 (IP from Softsoap Website)
Out of Pocket Expense= $5.99
ECB: $3.00 (MUST by 2) 
Final Cost: $2.99 for 2 or $1.50 each

However, if you have a 2/2 Softsoap CRT, it will bring your cost down to $0.99 for 2 or $0.50
each.

Something New

Kroger has a new program called Cash Back and with all new programs they are still
developing it, so the process and/or rules are subject to change at their discretion.   There is
a lot of different opinions regarding this program. At first, everyone was very positive, but
now I am hearing some issues and changes that people don’t like.   However, I tried it out
last week and it worked great.    

Here are a few things you need to know: 

You can only clip the rebates from your computer.  Unfortunately the app will not work
with this program.   You also can’t see the details of the deal while in the store.   

All Rebates MUST be clipped prior to your shopping trip.   

Read the details very carefully because the clipped rebates are very specific and they
will tell you if you can use a coupon or not with your deal.   So far all of my deals
have allowed you to use a coupon and the rebate. However, this is a grey area and
may people have indicated that they are unable to use a coupon w/ the deals- like
Checkout 51. 

Be patient.   It takes up to 7 days for your rebate to show on your account.   

You can choose to send your savings to your Kroger card or Paypal ($20.00
minimum).

You need to track your savings, because it doesn’t show you which items were
credited to your account, but the amount. 

This seems like a lot of work and tracking, but let’s look at my results for last week: 

Tampax Pocket Radiant 
Cost: $4.99 
Coupon: None
Out of Pocket Expense= $4.99
Rebate: $2.00 IBOTTA (Up to 5 X) 
Rebate: $2.00 Kroger Cash Back (Up to 5 X)
Final Cost: $0.39

2 Yasso 
Cost: $2.49
Coupon: $1.00 X 2= $2.00
Out of Pocket Expense= $2.98
Rebate: $1.00 IBOTTA (Up to 3X) 
Rebate: $1.00 Kroger Cash Back (Up to 3 X)
Final Cost: Money Maker $1.02

2 Real Good Cauliflower Pizza (BOGO Sale) 
Cost: $8.99 
Coupon: NONE 
Out of Pocket Expense= $8.99
Rebate: $3.00 IBOTTA (Up to 5 X) 
Rebate: $3.00 Kroger Cash Back (Up to 5 X)
Final Cost: Money Maker $3.01

I think I will continue to try this program and I will keep you up to date with any programs or
successes I experience.  

What free-bees or great deals did you score this week?  

Just leave a comment below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bean and Corn Salad--> $0.44 per Serving

  Black Bean and Corn Salad This recipe comes from Pennies & Pancakes.   Unfortunately, this blog is no longer active, so I am not sure how much longer we will have access to her recipes.    Here is the link:   Black Bean and Corn Salad.   Therefore, I am repeating her recipe below, because it is just that good.  Makes 7 Cups  Ingredients:  2 15 oz. cans low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 15 oz. can sweet whole kernel corn (drained and rinsed) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced) 2 scallions (finely diced) 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1/3 cup diced cilantro 2 Tbsp. lime juice (Or the juice of 2 limes) 1 tsp salt *opt. 1 small jalepeno (minced) Directions:  Open and rinse both the black beans and the whole-kernel corn.   Then place them into a bowl.  Next, cut up the pepper and onion.   Add it to the bowl.  Finely chop the cilantro and scallions,  and mince the garlic to add t...

The Frugal Five: #49

  The Frugal Five: #49 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     .          1- Haircut Savings Since haircuts are $30 per cut plus tip, each time my husband asks me to cut his hair, I am happy to.    This is a huge saving!   He gets his hair cut every other week, so on average, we save $60 per month on just his haircuts.    2- Beverages from Home  Each day I make coffee and take a travel mug with me to work.   In addition, I make homemade tea to pack for my lunch.    Since Starbucks’ coffee prices have gone up, my daily savings for my daily coffee has increased to about $5.75 per day.    In addition, sodas at work run about $2.00 per...

The Frugal Five: #46

  The Frugal Five: #46 With inflation on the rise and our salaries not being able to keep up, it seems like we have taken a pay cut and must be more careful with our money.   The Frugal Five is a series where we celebrate the daily or weekly activities that help us live a frugal life.     This week I focused on garden frugal ideas and savings.  Gardens take a lot of work and can take a chunk of cash.   Let's see how we can keep the price down and get the same results.          1- Free Seeds  How can we get free seeds and when do we start planting for the spring?   Previously, I was able to pick up seeds from my local library through a seed-sharing program.   However, since we moved, my local library doesn’t participate in this type of program.     Therefore, I looked for other opportunities to secure free seeds.   I found the Free Seed Project.  Through this ...