Frugal Friday- November 30, 2018


Making small changes that have big results.


On Friday’s I share 5 frugal ideas to help you maintain The Sweet Life on a Budget.  
These things will have money saving ideas and/or a way to enhance your lifestyle for
very little money.
 
Winter holidays (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.) are just around the corner.  Our home celebrates Christmas, so these tips are the things I do to help to make a magical holiday for my family on a budget, but you can adapt them to help celebrate any holiday.  

Decorate your home with time treasured decorations, or if you are limited with what you have make
some or bring the outdoors in such as pine cones, evergreen branches, etc. Don’t forget the
candles.  These are cheap to free items that make your home feel warm and cozy.



I always enjoy music playing in my home, but this time of year we really enjoy hearing the Christmas
tunes playing.  One year for Christmas, my husband made a CD of holiday music that we still use
today.


Spend time together enjoying a simple holiday activity such as taking a drive and looking at the holidays lights.  
We vote on who has the best light display for each season.


Make a sweet treat together and share with a neighbor or friend. We typically make biscotti, pizzells,
and pumpkin or nut rolls.  


Shopping early and throughout the year for fun surprises.  Throughout the year I am able to get
many items for a discounted price or free such as body lotions, razors, candy, candles, beauty
products, cards, camping gear, etc.   


This time of year, I am able to get a lot of free items from various grocery/drug stores.  Some of
these products I use and some I don’t, so I pick up everything and then I donate the items I don’t use
and some of my extra products to the food pantry.  Since my food pantry will also take hygiene
products, I am able to donate a lot of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.


CVS Black Friday Items

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frugal Five: #64

Frugal Five: 33

The Humble Egg